A new set of posters for Ghost Stories were published for SXSW. Each poster features one of the 4 main characters from the movie (Andy Nyman’s Professor Goodman, Martin Freeman’s Mike Priddle, Paul Whitehouse’s Tony Matthew’s and Alex Lawther’s Simon Rifkin). You can view all of them here.
We’ve published Martin’s poster in our gallery. Click on the photo to view it in full size:
Besides the interview that Martin gave Craig Charles today, Martin and Eddie have given an interview to Jamie Cullum, a radio DJ from BBC Radio 2 who has a radio show on Tuesdays from 7pm to 8pm. We suppose that the interview that was recorded today will be broadcast next week. But we are waiting for some official confirmation as to the release date.
We’re lucky to get a photo though from this recording, click on the photo to view it in full size:
As confirmed in today’s Craig Charles (RadMac) interview in BBC Radio 6 Music, Martin and Eddie Piller will be depping for Craig Charles on March 31st. The show is called “Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show” and it’s on BBC Radio 6 Music from 6pm through 9pm. As always, you can listen to it live and then for 30 days you can listen to it online on the programmes webpage.
Martin was scheduled to be interviewed at Radcliffe and Maconie’s show on BBC Radio Music 6 today, Friday 6th. However RadMac had to step out due to illness and Craig Charles – a very popular funk and soul DJ who has 2 shows on this same radio – stepped in instead.
The interview lasted 30 minutes and they played 3 of the songs from Martin’s selection from the upcoming jazz compilation “Martin Freeman and Eddie Piller present Jazz on the Corner” from Acid Jazz Records.
Martin wasn’t present with Craig in the studios as he was in London recording another interview for Jamie Cullum, but luckily this photo was taken as he was being interviewed by Craig. Click on the photo to access it in full size:
The interview is fun and easy going and full of great quotes and some interesting insights:
- Martin doesn’t go to gigs so much as before, he prefers recorded music.
- He doesn’t like atonal jazz so much, he prefers melodies and tunes.
- He doesn’t go to record stores as much as before due to his limited time.
- He “loves music more than anything in the world”.
- He likes “people interested in stuff”.
- He likes to make playlists when he’s doing an acting job. He chose a more punk based playlist for when he was doing Richard III, for example.
- He likes to take his time when listening to a new record, and not let life interfere.
- Some cheekiness from him when Craig says he’s rubbing his mod style scarf, got this from Martin: “Thank you for thinking of me while rubbing it”.
You can listen to the interview from the programme’s website here (only available for 30 days). It starts around the 1 hour 45 minutes mark, with one of Martin’s selections. You can download the interview here too.
We received 2 exciting news from this show as well:
- There will be a Volume 2 of the Jazz on the Corner compilation. No dates, just the fact that there will be another one. Isn’t that great?!
- Martin and Eddie will be sitting in for Craig in his Saturday radio show next March 31st (6pm to 9pm) on BBC Radio 6. Exciting!
2 big news involving upcoming post-zombie apocalypse film Cargo.
For all of us, the major piece of news is that the streaming date has been changed from June to May 18. Great news!
The second one, and this one is even more important if you are in the area, Cargo was selected to be screened in Tribeca Film Festival this year. The festival takes place from April 18th to the 29th in New York. More information about this festival and tickets here.
Martin will be a guest star at the Lucca Film Festival and Europa Cinema 2018. This Festival will take place from 8 to 15 April 2018.
The organisers inform in this post that Martin will be receiving the Festival’s Lifetime Achievement Award on April 9, and will also present “Ghost Stories” during the italian premiere. After the screening of the movie there will be a Q&A with the public.
Great news for those who are in New York (USA) or near there as Ghost Stories will be screened at 2 different festivals:
The other one is What the fest?! and this takes places from March 29 to April 1, 2018 at IFC Centre, also in New York. Andy Nyman and Jeremy Dyson have confirmed that they will be attending this NY premiere. More information here.
This screening is added to the already scheduled one in SXSW (which runs from March 9 through 18 in Austin, Texas) on the following dates/theatres. Andy Nyman and Jeremy Dyson are going to be present at this festival as well. More information here:
– Sunday, March 11, 11:55pm, Stateside
– Monday, March 12, 11:55pm, Alamo South Lamar
– Thursday, March 15, 12:30pm, Alamo South Lamar